Wednesday, September 13, 2006

"...a little better all the time (it can't get any worse)..." - the Beatles

Things are looking up. There are still some emotional issues that are not going to be fun to face, but everyday I am feeling more equiped to handle it. I have finally gotten to the point where my daily introspection is no longer morbid or heart wrenching - at least not constantly. I see a sunrise on the horizon, sort of like 4 or 5 in the morning when the sun is still no where in sight but the sky seems somehow just a little but brighter. I have been having many conversations (which is like my bread and butter) with many different people. I have also been meeting new people (which is like my elixer of life) and thinking alot about how I have handled relationships in the past and ways that I might change or maybe should not change. I am still a little soar from the proverbial nife wound to my heart (actually it fealt more like a jagged blunt object) but I feel i am slowly healing. And *sigh* I am seeing a therapist. More for the sake of my job than anything. My employers want to be sure that I am okay, which is nice, so it was sort of an unspoken mandatory suggestion. It will probably end up doing some good. as far as church goes *another sigh* I still have alot of thinking to do. It's not that I don't believe, it's just that, so many of the conventions we have adopted and attached to our "faith" seem a little...well, empty. And pointless. I think faith is much simpler than we imagined. Obviously I have some soul searching to do. I am still reading the Bible and dialoging (monologing?) with God every day. If you want to know what I believe at this point, see the Apostles Creed. I think it is still a good summery of my beliefs.
Anyways music is looking good right now. I am putting together a set and Alva Edison will be rehearsing soon. Yes, Alva is back. Maybe for good this time, who knows. Only now the drummer has a mustache. Yeah. It's a little disturbing, but I think that's why he did it. Well until next time then...

No comments:

Post a Comment