Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Clean and Over-Clean

Occasionally (for example last week) my living space becomes so cluttered that it starts effecting my mood. I get overwhelmed easily and basicly cranky and lethargic. Finally (in really bad cases where I've let it go for a while - like last week) when this state of things reaches the level of desperation, I go on a cleaning rampage (like last night). It usually is quicker and easier than I expect it to be and it gives me a sense of cleansing and accomplishement. After this temporary euphoria, I wake up (literally, this morning), look around, and realize that my living space has now been so sterilized that I feel like I am living in a doctor's office. This creates a whole different flavor of anxiety/depression. When will I get some balance?

No comments:

Post a Comment