Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Today I would like to give thanks for my over-the-road trainer, Mike Penrice. Mike has spent the past three weeks (24/7) sharing his truck - a drivers home and sacred personal space - with yours truly, a rookie driver and initiate into the truckers' way of life. We have had ups and downs (literal and figurative) on our journey including bad weather, bad drivers, broken mirrors, insane dispatching, and more. Through out it all Mike has been patient and only occassionally grumpy (probably less of the time than I was) and very helpful in training me and helping me adjust to the lifestyle. This over the road trainer turned out to be more than I had hoped for, and whether my fears were ungrounded or I just got lucky, I am glad I ended up with this trainer. So, cheers, Mike. Have a happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment