Thursday, November 01, 2007

Waffle House, USA


Day 5 (side note)
This is the Waffle House I ate at almost 10 years ago while on tour with the band Plankeye. It was the first, and likely the last, time I ever ate at a Waffle house. I remember seeing these places as a kid whenever my dad and step-mom, Patty, took us on summer vaction to see her parents in Ohio. I remember asking my dad if we could stop at one along the way - the big sign with each letter in it's own big yellow square W-A-F-F-L-E-H-O-U-S-E always looked so apealing to me. Just seeing it made me think, "Man - I bet that place makes some incredible waffles. My dad always assured me that this was not the case, which is why we never stopped there, and probably why I chose to visit the place years later. I don't remember exactly what the waffles tasted like, or if I even ordered waffles for that matter, but I do remember that my general impression of the place was that it was a few rungs down the later from Denny's as far as breakfast establishments go...somewhere near Winchel's...anyhow it was a landmark in my life, and seeing it in person nearly 10 years later when I least expected it (I wouldn't have been able to find it even if I'd tried) was very nostalgic.

No comments:

Post a Comment