Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Good Idea / Bad Idea #002

Day 73

Good Idea.
Parking at a designated rest area to rest for the night.
a rest area near Lake Shasta

Bad Idea.
Parking in a snow drift on the side of the road to rest for the night.
near Weed, CA rest area

IMG_0491
IMG_0490
IMG_0489
IMG_0488

This is my favorite adventure so far. Mainly because it had a happy ending - there was no damage to my truck (though I do need another reach bar), I wasn't issued any citations, and I was able to get back on the road in time to stay on schedule. I actually slept pretty well there too. Nice and quiet. I had an amazing view of Mt. Shasta the next morning too. Everyone that helped me out was really nice and understanding. In fact, when I mentioned how dumb I felt to the tow truck driver, he showed me a stack of work orders he'd already filled that morning for other driver's who had done the exact thing I had. I felt alot better.

1 comment:

  1. Good to have a positive bad-idea result like that. (c: I've been spotting the Interstate trucks here and there down here. I keep thinking to myself, "wonder if Jeremy is driving that one".

    ReplyDelete