Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Not Here

Day 100

It's risky getting personal in blogs. It feels like not closing your curtains at night. But here goes.
I felt the biggest downside to being a truck driver tonight. Not being there for the poeple I care about. I thought that it would mean that I just wouldn't have a social life, that maybe I wouldn't make new friends. Not true. I have made new friends. But what kind of friend am I if I am never around? Can I really have a relationship with someone when I am never there? What about more serious relationships? How many nights of sleeping alone can someone take? It breaks my heart to think that I can't be counted on because I am never around. I want to be there for the people I care about. I hope I don't have to do this for very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment