Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Untimely Demise of My New Computer

My computer has contracted a virus that has disabled Internet Explorer as well as many other options and programs that would allow me to remove the virus. It is still running at the moment so I am salvaging my files as I am not sure I will ever be able to fix this. My anti virus program no longer see's any viruses (initially it picked up over 50 intrusions) but somehow internet explorer is running invisibly and I am unable to use explorer for anything. I can't find any useful info on the internet. All I can do is wait for someone to have the same problem, come up with a solution and post it somewhere. Then I have to get to another computer, and transfer whatever software I need to mine and try to fix it. This is frustrating beyond belief. My new computer has been rendered useless and I am back to begging and borrowing again. I am trying not to be extremely angry and bitter and frustrated. I guess I'll get more reading done.

1 comment:

  1. Why oh why aren't you running firefox??? You probably will have to reformat your harddrive. Try to save whatever files you can, and then reformat. ALSO- Don't use internet explorer as your browser anymore! I know firefox takes some getting used too but it's way better and you're less likely to have problems.

    ReplyDelete