Sunday, September 20, 2009

Alarm Bells To Ring Me To Sleep

Just parked for the night and as I am getting ready for bed, I notice a black VW Jetta pull up to the building next to my destination. I notice because it's a large-ish office building in the middle of a large-ish quite industrial commercial complex and it's around midnight on a Saturday. Kind of an odd hour for people to be showing up for work. A guy and a girl get out and head towards the door. They pause a minute, then the guy gets out his keys and unlocks the door and goes in. I figure the guy left something and dropped by to retrieve it. In fact I really didn't think much about it at all until the alarm went off. Then my thoughts shifted from, "Huh...that's interesting," to "Wow, that's annoying." Dufus forgot to turn off the alarm I guess. Super loud. I waited as I visualized him picking up the call from the security company, giving the company password, explaining that he didn't get to the alarm on time, or forgot the pin number or something like that. I wait...and wait...and wait some more. The alarm is still sounding quite loudly as I begin to wonder if perhaps maybe there is some other explanation. Then I watch the girl come out and start the car, soon followed by the guy who exits the building, alarm still blaring, gets in to the car and rides off into the night. that's when I think, "WTF?" I sat wondering what to do. Call the police? No, most likely they were already on their way. Then all I could think was, "Well I hope they hurry up so someone can turn the damn alarm off. Then I thought, "Aw crap. Now there's going to be alarms and sirens most likely in conjunction with flashing lights." Not knowing what else to do, and not really being able to sleep with an alarm bell screaming at me just outside my window, I got out my computer and decided to blog about it (I considered posting I cry for help via twitter but figured it wouldn't be very effective). Right about the time I decided on a title for the post (My first idea was "No Alarms And No Surprises, Please") the alarm stopped. Peace and silence reigned again. So what the heck was that all about? No idea. Don't know don't care, so long as it's quiet again. And it is. So now I will sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment