Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Little Perspective

I know I often post my complaints about various aspects of my trucking life both on my blog and on facebook. This may make it seem like my experiences with truck driving have been mostly negative, but this is not true at all. Most of my experiences, even my dealings with my current employer, Gordon Trucking, have been mostly positive. If this were not true, I wouldn't still be here. Gordon has some really fantastic people working with drivers around the clock trying to keep freight moving and their drivers happy. No system, company, or individual is perfect however and there are delays, frustrations, misunderstandings, mistakes, bad decisions and just plain bad moods all around that ensure things are never perfectly rosie. This is the human condition. It happens with any job.
Luckily however there is a lot to like about trucking, and a good deal to like about Gordon. Would I refer other drivers to Gordon? Hmmm...the jury is still out on that one. They're not a bad company to work for, and their people - driver managers, fleet managers, driver services personnel, etc. - are certainly their strength. Gordon's tendency to actually pay drivers for what they say they will is also a rare plus.
I think I'd tell other drivers about my experience with it's ups and downs and let them decide for themselves. I certainly have some good things to say about Gordon, but I'd hesitate to tell any driver that I know for certain they'd be happy there. To each his own. Are there things I'd like to be different here? Sure. Absolutely. But not at the cost of what is already good about working here. For now, it fits. It works. I am content. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment