Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A question of hours

So, according to my plans from last night, I should have started off for Rancho at 8:00 am or so this morning. It is now after 5:00 pm and I still haven't left. I woke up exhausted this morning and opted for more sleep. Now I am left with a few options:
1.) set out immediately, and drive a full 10 hours
2.) set out immediately, stop before midnight
3.) wait until I have a 34 reset (7:00 am tomorrow)

Setting out immediately and driving 10 hours
Pros:
Instant gratification
Would arrive ahead of schedule
Would arrive in time to swap important items to/from storage
More miles for the week

Cons:
Would have to drive all night
Would not improve my sleep patterns
Would waste potential reset hours

Set out immediately stopping before midnight
Pros:
Instant gratification
Fewer hours to drive over next 2 days
Could possibly stop to stock groceries
Could possibly stop somewhere with showers

Cons:
Wastes potential reset hours
Less time upon arrival

Set out tomorrow after reset
Pros:
Facilitates normal sleep schedule
Uses downtime for a 34 hour reset
Could take more time to settle into truck

Cons:
Little or no time on arrival
Less miles for the week
Unlikely I will be able to sleep much tonight having slept most of the day


Undoubtedly I have found myself in a funk. This has been a common occurrence when doing short runs on I-5. The only upside to this is the opportunity to swap some items in/out of my truck when I get to Rancho to make things more comfortable. The main downside is that I missed an opportunity to end up in Rancho with a whole day to kill, driving during optimal daylight hours.
Oh well. I know I will eventually get a good rhythm going again. I will just have to salvage this one the best way I can. I guess ultimately I can leave anytime between now and 7:00 am tomorrow and drive for up to 10 hours. I'll see what my gut tells me since all the various pros and cons pretty much make it a toss up. See you in a couple days. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment