Friday, April 20, 2012

Things are Awesome

So much has happened, I'm not sure where to start!
First of all, I have officially moved to Washington. I live less than an hour from Seattle in a small cabin that shares five serenely wooded acres with my cousins' house on Whidbey Island in Puget sound.
The house I now live in together with the local community that I am quickly becoming part of is everything I ever wanted in a home. It really is a dream come true. We even have chickens and a goat!! The fact that my neighbors are family is a huge bonus.

Trucking? Yes I am still trucking and loving it. I may gradually transition to local life but that time will come of its own accord as new opportunities present themselves. Meanwhile I have a job that I love and a home that is paradise.

I know in the past I have expressed extreme reluctance in paying rent somewhere having lived rent free for the past five years, but there are several factors that make this an exception: first, I am renting from my cousins so my rent is helping family - something I have been wanting to do anyway, and now I am contributing and getting a LOT in return. Second, the price was right; I now have my own house for what it would cost to share a room in Southern, CA. Third, the place was right; if I had designed my dream home myself it would have been exactly like this - actually come to think of it, this place has some awesomeness I hadn't even thought of. Fourth, there is the possibility that I might be able to buy the cabin or at least be a partner owner. Details are still being explored; but even without owning it the rent is still pretty dang reasonable as are my "landlords."

Other awesome things: I am looking into selling prints of my digital artwork which is pretty exciting, and I now have a place to record music, and possibly in the relatively near future may even have a studio space.

So yeah. Lots of really exciting things happening and my "life-serenity meter" is registering the difference.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:15 PM

    awesome! sounds like life is good man. congrats to you.
    -cassidy

    ReplyDelete